Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Driving Lessons



Every Sunday for three hours I've been going to SM for some driving lessons. Clutch, break, gas. Working clutch, full clutch. Soft break, full break. First gear, second gear, third gear, fourth gear, fifth gear, and reverse. Stopping in low gear, stopping in high gear. Parking the car on the left, on the right. Turning around. I'm learning it all! 


Problem is I get anxious and lose my cool when at intersections. And every time I drive downtown, I get honked at by other drivers even though it's mighty obvious from the sign on my car that I'm still a student driver. No patience. 

In spite of these irritations, I'm enjoying the driving lessons a looot and can't wait to go on road trips to Mati, Camiguin, Siargao, and all those other exotic places in Mindanao. For sure, when Bayani comes in February, there's going to be some serious debates over who gets to borrow papa's car this time. 

No comments: