Monday, February 1, 2010

Reminiscing LGSPA

My LGSPA stint began on April 1, 2008.

Lady luck was on my side as I was immediately thrust into work, never having to experience the separation anxiety from my comfort zone - Ateneo. I simply didn't have time to miss teaching.

On the very first working day, I joined my bosses for a planning meeting in LGSPA's Cotabato office where I listened and took notes as the women conversed in confusing LGSPA lingo full of acronyms like LRP, CDP-ELA, MRL, LGRC, PCIA, BDP, MMAA, CSO, and so on. It was the most confusing meeting ever.

To remedy the communication gap, I began the tedious selection of documents about LGSPA, ARMM, Mindanao, and Canada that would shed some light on this complex LGSPA constellation that my planet would now be part of for at least a year.

Read the Program Implementation Plan (PIP), the Annual Work Plans (AWPs), and Project Profiles and Results Reports (PPRR). Read books on the creation of ARMM, the Sultanates, the MILF, the MNLF, and so on. Read news stories on ARMM and imagined my poor brains overheating as my already bad memory tried to sort and store the information overload.

(to be continued...)

























No comments: