Saturday, February 6, 2010

Maya's concoctions



Today, I'm officially starting blogging about my food adventures.

Last night was my third attempt at baking with the Breadmaker and I'm so happy with the result that I'm posting pictures for posterity. Here's how to:

First, pour some olive oil on the non-stick blades. (To make it easier for the bread to come off when it's done later.)

Then, add the following ingredients in the bread pan (in this order):

350 ml of water
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
2 teaspoons salt
2 cups white flour and 2 2/3 cups whole wheat (brown) flour

Puncture a hole at the top of the flour and pour 3 teaspoons yeast. (The yeast should NEVER touch the water.)

Then put the bread pan in the breadmaker and push START. After 3 hours and 30 minutes the bread will be ready. Turn off the machine and let it cool. Remove the bread and serve.

No comments: