Friday, January 25, 2008

Genevieve, Rolita and Analyn

When I was in Manila, I texted some high school classmates to get together: Kristin, Armi May, Maye Ann, Stella, Sheila, Arianne, Amihan, and Dominador. Armi texted back that she’s in Thailand, Stella texted she’s in Antique, Kristin let me know she’d try to make it. The rest, no reply. At the last minute, good old Jerry preferred to leave me in the hands of my girl friends. So that’s how I met up with Genevieve, Rolita and Analyn at the Renaissance hotel’s lobby. Hadn’t seen Gen since last summer, Rolita since 2001, and Analyn since 1998.

(Genevieve is a good friend from Antique who is now teaching creative writing in La Salle University. Rolita was my elementary and high school classmate. She is now based in Manila and into the outsourcing business. Analyn was a classmate in college. She’s also based in Manila working as the accountant of a chain of restaurants.)

So there we were sitting in a corner of the Renaissance’s lobby – me and the three friends I got to know during different parts of my life. Funny thing was that they all knew me but didn’t know each other. It was so good to see them and talk about our work, etcetera! Shared to them of course my Herbalife story, then we went out for a late dinner in a Thai restaurant in Greenbelt. Had an interesting conversation about the guy who has all the books of Richard Dawkins. More I shall say not. (If I spill every interesting thing that we talked about, nobody would want to meet up with me anymore knowing that the next week they’d end up in my blog. So, pasensya na mo.)

At about past ten we called it a night because the next day was a Monday. I’m looking forward to Analyn coming to Davao this March, Rolita coming in December (tinuod?), and Genevieve I’ll be seeing again in April I suppose.

6 comments:

r0n4Ld said...

san-o ang sunod nga pag tipon? daad naka imaw ako kaninyo. sa sunod ma imaw ako ha. sadyahun ta dayun.

Maya said...

yeah sure ronald! :P

Anonymous said...

There goes maya with her writing inclination again!!!
A simple gathering with some of her friends is never an exemption to her blog subjects....
Well... asa pa man diay mo? Kamo na lang mag MAYA FLAMINDA VANDENBROECK... hehehe...
More power Maya!!!
You are really great...
Hope to see u again soon...

Keith said...

Maya Flaminda, I was surprized to read your site and see that curious reference to Richard Dawkins. I do indeed wonder what was discussed... I visited the campus of Ateneo de Cagayan de Oro (Xavier University), and am tickled by thius lonely blog post.

Someone came to my site from here. and I hope all ius well with you and your Herbalife business.

Keith said...

I see you have moderation on your site, so I wanted to say also, salamat kaayo for joining the world of educatioin. I can tell from your post you have a a wonderfully open and discerning mind...

Anonymous said...

Nice dispatch and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you on your information.